Sunday 2 May 2010

Catching up with family ......great Christmas in South Africa

I spent the 2 weeks over Christmas and New Year with my sister Fionnuala and her family just outside Durban - my sister Margaret and her family were also there.  It was the first holiday I'd taken since I'd arrived in Uganda just over a year ago. I had a great time.... it was lovely to see familiar faces and my nieces and nephews that I hadn't seen for ages. I was spoiled rotten, had great food and wine (brocoli, asparagus, lettuce, courgettes never tasted so good),  a fantastic pedicure, great shopping, walks on the beach and of course lots of catch-up chat with my sisters!! 

Christmas Eve .....getting ready to watch a soppy Christmas 'chick flick', with my niece Shivy (godchild and namesake!), dressed in matching xmas pj's!
Family photo (brother-in-law Ian missed out on the photo)..... Christmas Eve lunch at a beautiful country resort
Carving up the turkey on Christmas Day...... it was 'yummmy'!
'Super' Shivy showing off her some of her Christmas pressies....
The three 'hatters' - nephews Euan, Aaron and Tom modelling their new Christmas hats!
My niece Kate, looking very 'chilled' after a dip in the pool....

No comments: